Date: 30 November 2022, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
How to access African markets with new business models and agile methodes
More and more European companies are moving to Africa. Successful will be those, who know how to be innovative, adapt to local circumstances and are aware of cultural differences
Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Senegal and at least a dozen other countries on the African continent offer great opportunities for expanding a business. New African markets are emerging, and in almost all areas of daily life, an increasing purchasing power transforms huge needs into a dynamically growing demand.
In Africa, globalization and digitalization are happening on a greenfield. A digital transformation with different innovations takes place. Fewer old technologies and less vested interests allow new solutions to emerge, closer to human needs. New patterns of African contributions to the globalized world are emerging. The emerging middle class is doubling or tripling within the next 15 years – unleashing further self-enforcing dynamics and new highlights.
After this workshop you have
- … got to know successful approaches on how to enter African markets,
- … dealt with new business models that refer to specific situations in African countries,
- … thought through and discussed some of the most important success factors in the implementation,
- … become aware of the biggest obstacles to success,
- … have learned to understand that effective communication is a prerequisite for success on the African continent, and
- … got to know some important practical case studies.
In addition, you have examined and rethought the background of the social and economic changes in African countries.
For whom is this workshop?
- Entrepreneurs and executives who are interested in Africa
- People who intend working or doing Business with African companies
- Executives of institutions that work with African organizations
- Start-ups who want to expand into African markets
Session 1: New Chances in New Markets
Africa is not Africa. There are huge differences between countries – an overview. An increasing middle class and a still-growing population are an anchor for business activities. With huge new business opportunities for European companies.
Session 2: Distinctive Features of African Markets
In almost all areas of daily life, increasing purchasing power turns a huge need into a dynamically growing demand. Indirect communication, a different value system, different wage and price levels, different infrastructures and value chains, less legal certainty. How to deal with it?
Session 3: Africa – Stereotypes and Reality
What should you take care of when doing business in African countries? What do you have to consider, when working for public institutions? Communication that considers cultural aspects as a key to success.
Expert input: A European Manager leads a hospital in a rural part of Africa
How do public organizations function in rural parts of Africa? What are the differences compared to our organizations? What are the similarities? What to take care of when managing such an organization as a European?
Session 4: Setting up Business Models differently
Functioning business models for African markets. What do you have to take care of? How can agile methods support your endeavours? Three practical examples and the most important success factors. How to set up a successful strategy for Africa.